Friday, September 3, 2010

This Girl's Got "Street Cred" Now!

While focusing my attention on improving my photography skills in children's portraiture, especially the laid-back lifestyle kind, I got a request of a different kind for a totally different photography genre.  A friend and former colleague of mine had a younger brother who wanted some shots taken for use in marketing himself as a rap artist.... things he could use for cover art, web page shots, etc.  Definitely NOT the direction I was planning for my photography marketing plan... but... I'm not one to pass up a chance to stretch my talents and try new things so I cheerfully agreed.  Having recently been on the Photo Walk starting at Riverfront Park in North Charleston, I suggested it and the old Naval Base grounds as a shooting location.  The day ended up perfect ... blue skys and hot but bearable.  The "rappers" were the sweetest guys ever and we got some phenomenal pictures of both of them.  They, of course, were going for the "tough guy" look and trying NOT to smile in photos and were very successful in some... others, not so much.  Here's a few of my favorites..... so one day I'm shooting pretty ponies and girls in pony tails, the next I'm shooting in the hood (with my canera.... just to make sure you don't get confused!)  Good luck on the rap career, Keenan & Mario... remember us little people when you make it big!


































































No comments:

Post a Comment