Thursday, October 7, 2010

Tutus and trucks and giggles and squishy faces

I had a wonderful "model" to capture some photos of new props (aka tutus) for me yesterday.  She is all of 3 years old and I had such a ball "playing" with her.. she had the most expressive face and was in a VERY GOOD MOOD.... don't ya just LOVE those kind of kids????  I had to pick out my FAVORITE photo of her face to enter in a contest and have literally agonized over which one to choose for the last 24 hours.  Do I go with full on belly laugh, sly smile, smirk, simple look away, head tilt, cheesy grin, hands on cheeks... I mean... this little doll had them ALL!  So....... after much agonizing, I choose.......  the following picture....


















I promise to post the others later... they were so cute... but I was drawn back to this face... it reminded me of being a little girl and looking up at the sky and dreaming and imagining what could be.... and this little sweetheart certainly had a creative imagination.  My favorite thing she said though, was when we were in the park and a young man was letting her and her little brother pet his dog and she said, "This is my little brother, he's one, he doesn't know anything!"  Her mom and I just cracked up.  Okay... back to the photo details.... this photo was taken in the morning, around 10:00est, with a Nikon D60, ISO 200, Exposure 1/100 sec at f/5.0, focal length 55mm.  I used Lightroom 3.0 for editing a few basic adjustments.  Check out all the other adorable faces  in the contest at Love Your Shot!!

No comments:

Post a Comment